I love making Burfi, however, it is very time consuming. Trust me it’s completely worth it but sometimes I am pressured for time. If you want to check out my version of Burfi, click here I call it Bliss Roll. I’m totally addicted to the flavour, which can easily be adapted to include the use of essential oils.
Time and essential oils was the creation of this recipe for Burfi in a Bliss Ball form! The adults in this household love them.
You can either use cardamom powder (ie 1/2 teaspoon) or add 2 drops of Cardamom essential oil. I love the refreshing flavour the dōTERRA cardamom essential oil gives to these bliss balls, which are raw, vegan, gluten, dairy, corn, grain, sugar free BUT definitely not taste free. If you use cardamom essential oil, then please remember, I use dōTERRA essential oils. The cardamom essential oil can be ingested. Do not buy a cardamom essential oil from the shops and use it, as it may actually be harmful to ingest. If you want to buy a bottle of dōTERRA cardamom essential oil then click here to go to my secure web selling page. To save 25% off the retail price, open a wholesale account by clicking on the join & save button.
I hope you enjoy Burfi Bliss Balls as much as we do.
Burfi Bliss Balls
- 10 Medijool Dates (de-pitted)
- ¼ cup Pistachio Nuts
- ¼ cup Walnuts
- ¼ cup Almonds
- ¼ cup Macadamia Nuts
- ¼ cup Desiccated Coconut (plus ¼ cup extra for coating)
- 1 Tablespoons of Poppy Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Powder or Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- 2 drops of doTERRA Cardamon Essential Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Using a food processor blend dates, pistachios, walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, ¼ cup of desiccated coconut, poppy seeds, vanilla powder, nutmeg powder, dōTERRA's cardamom essential oiland water til it achieves the consistency you like. In my processor it goes into one big ball and I know it's the right consistency.
- Put ¼ cup desiccated coconut on a plate.
- Using a small ice cream scooper (I use a size 70) and your hands create a ball - this is where it starts to get messy
- Roll ball in desiccated coconut
- Repeat til all mixture is used up
- Keep in refrigerator (you can also freeze them)
Til next time….