This recipe takes my butter icing to the next level.
You can easily adapt this icing recipe to dairy free, as we do by using nuttelex and coconut cream or non-dairy milk. If you use milk or non-dairy milk start with 1 Tablespoon first as it tends to make the icing thinner.
If you want to swap out the cinnamon powder for essential oils, then you could use Cassia oil. We like it with 2 drops, so add, taste then add more if you like it stronger.
To find out more about Essential Oils click here
To buy Cassia essential oil go straight to my secure web selling page (click here) and start using this oil for it’s many properties, and to start making your sweet treats and beyond today. I know you will love it.
- 185g unsalted butter (softened) or nuttelex
- 500g pure icing sugar (sifted)
- 3 Tablespoons thickened cream (or coconut cream or 1½ Tablespoon milk or non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Using a mix master or hand beater beat all ingredients together til light, creamy and fluffy.
- Pipe onto cup cakes using a piping bag or ziplock bag or use a butter knife to spread a thick dollop on top of each cup cake*.
Enjoy til next time.