Carrying on with the belated Christmas recipes, here is another!
I accidentally crushed too much allspice and didn’t want to bake more gingerbread cookies or cupcakes, so I decided to throw it into some Crinkle Cookies. Hence, Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies came about. Yes, they are sweet, yes they have sugar in them, but as a once off treat they are so good!
They are great for an all year round treat, not just Christmas.
Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies
- 2 cups Pure Icing Sugar (sifted)
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 2 teaspoons All Spice (grounded)
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons Ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla powder
- 4 Egg Whites using 70g eggs (at room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fan forced).
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Sift icing sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to icing sugar and mix with a spoon until fully combined.
- Place teaspoon sized mounds onto prepared trays (I like using a size 70 ice cream scooper).
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before eating, and store in an airtight container.
Til my next recipe, enjoy!