This year we have been experimenting with no churn ice cream flavours. My kids have probably been a little too excited over it, but given it’s school holidays at the moment I thought I would make some for them to enjoy and to take as presents to friends places.
Since embarking on the no churn ice cream idea earlier this year, we now have quite a few flavours. Some have worked; some have not. Promise to only share the ones that have worked! They are of course, all gluten free, but sadly they contain dairy, so I have to rely on my family for taste testing.
This flavour was one of the first flavours we came up with, so it’s special to my family, but it is very sweet, so we only allow 1 scoop at a time. It’s good with a gluten free ice cream cone or in a bowl with or without fruit. I hope you enjoy this ice cream as much as my family.
Caramel Ice Cream
- 1 x 395ml tin of condensed milk (full fat or skim milk)
- 1 x 300ml cream (we used A2 cream)
- ½ x 380g Nestle caramel Top N Fill
- Scoop out half of the caramel Top N Fill into a bowl and using a spoon mix it so that it softens and blends together (it will make it easier to use).
- Whip cream either using a hand beater or mix master until it is stiff peaks.
- Pour condensed milk into a square or rectangular dish that you can put into the freezer.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture until combined.
- Fold through caramel.
- Put a lid on the dish (or cover with plastic and al-foil).
- Freeze overnight.
- Serve straight from the freezer.