This is a revised recipe, well not revised, as I like prefer the other version (click here for Choc Chunk Cookies) as I like dense cookies, but this version is a softer more crumbly type of cookie. My kids LOVE this version.
I know I mentioned in the original post that I had lots of versions, but honestly my kids LOVE chocolate chips. You can use milk chocolate chips, however, we prefer dark chocolate chips. For me the dark chocolate chips are dairy free, so I can sneak in a cookie too. We usually buy Nestle’s Dark Choc Bits (the 250g packet is gluten and dairy free by ingredient), or we use the Organic Times Dark Chocolate Chips, or another brand I have used is the Enjoy Life Gluten/Dairy Free Chocolate Chips.
I promise I will eventually share my other versions. So many recipes, so little time.
You would know by know that I love using different sized ice cream scoopers to portion the batter into cookies, then flatten them with either a knife or fork. For this recipe, I used a size 20 scooper which made 17 large cookies (eye popping size for kids), or a small scooper makes double to almost triple that amount.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 150g Nuttelex or unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Raw Caster Sugar (or Caster Sugar)
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Powder
- 1½ Cups Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
- 250g Dark or Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced).
- In a large bowl or mixing bowl sift flour and vanilla powder together.
- Using a mix master or hand beater, beat together butter/nuttelex and sugar/s til light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix til combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour/vanilla dry ingredients until incorporated and mixed with the wet ingredients.
- Mix through chocolate chips with a mixing spoon.
- Use either a teaspoon, dessert spoon, tablespoon, or ice cream scooper to spoon batter onto a baking tray lined with baking paper (or buttered/oiled). The number of the cookies this batter makes depends on the size of the spoon or scooper you use.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a baking tray before eating (remember the chocolate chips will be incredibly hot straight out of the oven).
Enjoy, til next time!