These crinkle cookies are an absolute favourite with everyone that has tried them. They taste like a heavier version of a french macaroon or a lighter version of a coconut macaroon. There is a difference, and if you eat both, you will know what I mean. I do also make coconut macaroons and will be sharing that recipe as well one of these days, so you will know what I mean.
Anyway, without going on too much, as there really isn’t much to say other than they are SO delicious and moorish, here is the recipe.
Coconut Crinkle Cookies
- 2 cups Pure Icing Sugar (sifted)
- 1½ cups Almond Meal
- ½ cup Desiccated Coconut*
- 3 Egg Whites using 70g eggs (at room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fan forced).
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Sift icing sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to icing sugar and mix with a spoon until fully combined.
- Place teaspoon sized mounds onto prepared trays (I like using a size 70 ice cream scooper).
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool on the tray before moving onto a wire rack to cool completely before eating.
Til my next recipe….enjoy xoxo