As you know we have experimented with lots of flavours, and quantities in creating the flavours. I came up with this flavour purely by standing in front of our pantry going through items on the shelves calling out different ingredients. When I mentioned raw cacao powder and desiccated coconut, Glenn and Bella both turned their noses up to the sound of it. I remember saying oh let me just try it out, as it would be like a coconut rough.
Well, enough said. This week’s flavour is actually one of Glenn’s favourites! He tells me that the coconut gives a hint of savoury to this sweet ice cream. I have to be honest, as I cannot taste it, I have to take his word for it. Although my parents like this flavour as well.
Coconut Rough Ice Cream
- 1 x 395ml tin of condensed milk (full fat or skim milk)
- 1 x 300ml cream (we use A2 or Dairy Farmers full fat cream)
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Raw Cacao Powder (or cocoa powder)
- 5 Tablespoons Desiccated Coconut
- Whip cream either using a hand beater or mix master until it is stiff peaks.
- Add condensed milk, raw cacao and desiccated coconut.
- Lightly mix til the condensed milk, cacao and coconut have combined with the cream.
- Pour into a square or rectangular dish that you can put into the freezer.
- Put a lid on the dish (or cover with plastic and al-foil).
- Freeze overnight.
- Serve straight from the freezer.
Stay tuned for next week’s flavour.