As promised, here is Bella’s absolute favourite flavour – Cookies & Cream
We use a whole packet of the Woolworths Free From Gluten Cream Filled Choc Biscuits (12 biscuits that weigh 120g). If you can’t get these, then any gluten free chocolate biscuit with a cream filling will work. You will need 12 biscuits.
It’s very rare to get a gluten free cookies and cream flavoured ice cream when your out and about, so we thought we would make it ourselves, and it couldn’t have been easier to create.
Hope you enjoy this flavour. Stay tuned for next week’s flavour, which is one of my dad’s favourites (ps. he has a lot of favourites!).
Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
- 1 x 395ml tin of condensed milk (full fat or skim milk)
- 1 x 300ml cream (we use A2 or Dairy Farmers full fat cream)
- 12 Cream filled chocolate biscuits
- Crush or chop biscuits to desired sizes (I just break them up with my hands).
- Whip cream either using a hand beater or mix master until it is stiff peaks.
- Pour condensed milk into a square or rectangular dish that you can put into the freezer.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture until combined.
- Fold through the crushed/chopped biscuits.
- Put a lid on the dish (or cover with plastic and al-foil).
- Freeze overnight.
- Serve straight from the freezer.