While I’m on the corn flake recipes, I thought I would also share my corn flake cookies. Now, I can’t taste them, because as you know corn is a cross-reactor for me, but my family and friends tell them these are spectacularly good.
They are great for school lunchboxes, and they freeze, so you can batch cook and freeze indiviudal portions. On the day, pop a frozen cookie into the lunchbox and by recess, morning tea, lunch or afternoon tea a delicious cookie is ready to eat.
My kids love helping me in the kitchen making these cookies. You can also change things up a bit, by using any dried fruit. Our favourites are sultanas, but you could also use currants, cranberries, raisins or a combination of a few or all. I do buy organic without the added nasties though, but if you don’t buy organics, then use what you use.
The recipe calls for a size 16 ice cream scooper so it makes 12 large cookies. If however you don’t like large cookies then use a smaller scooper or dessert spoon – you will just make more cookies. I also use a size 70 scooper and it makes around 45-48 cookies.
Corn Flake Cookies
- 125g butter/nuttelex
- ½ cup sugar (I use organic raw caster sugar)
- 1½ cup gluten free flour*
- 1 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- ¼ cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- ¾ cup sultanas
- 1½ cup gluten free corn flakes**
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fan bake).
- Line baking tray with baking paper, or grease with nuttelex/butter.
- Sift flour and baking powder together into a bowl or on baking paper and set aside.
- Using a mix master or hand beaters, whisk butter/nuttelex and sugar til light and creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder, sultanas and milk and mix til combined.
- With a mixing spoon stir through corn flakes (if you like the flakes large) OR mix through with mix master/hand beater if you like them roughly chopped into smaller flakes.
- Use a size 16 ice cream scooper to form cookies onto prepared baking tray leaving a little room between each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a rack before eating.
** We used the Aldi Australia 'Has No' Gluten Corn Flakes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Stay tuned for my next recipe.