It’s no secret, we love ginger in our house, but usually the fresh kind. However, my kids have surprised me and they also love the Stem Ginger gluten free cookies (see picture below) that we sometimes buy from Coles. That being said after their love for the Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, we were brainstorming one night after dinner around the table and came up with the idea to make a Ginger Biscuit Ice Cream flavour.
These Stem Ginger cookies contain chewy bits of ginger in them so they have that hot kick / hot punch to them…hence Ginger Ninja ice cream, as there is a surprise kick to the ice cream. My kids went nuts over it and especially liked it in a gluten free ice cream cone.
I hope you enjoy this flavour combination.
Ginger Ninja Ice Cream
- 1 x 395ml tin of condensed milk (full fat or skim milk)
- 1 x 300ml cream (we use A2 or Dairy Farmers full fat cream)
- 1 x packet Stem Ginger Gluten Free Cookies (we buy Coles brand which is 170g / 9 biscuits)
- Put the cookies into a zip lock bag and using a rolling pin smash them into chunks (you need some fine and chunky bits, but crush them to the amount you would prefer).
- Whip cream either using a hand beater or mix master until it is stiff peaks.
- Add condensed milk and chunks of cookies.
- Lightly mix til the condensed milk and chunks of cookies have combined with the cream.
- Pour into a square or rectangular dish that you can put into the freezer.
- Put a lid on the dish (or cover with plastic and al-foil).
- Freeze overnight.
- Serve straight from the freezer.
Stay tuned for next Sunday’s flavour sensation which is my husband’s favourite.