I have a collection of different flavour combinations of these crinkle cookies. Yes, they have a lot of icing sugar in them, but hey there are so many foods I cannot eat that I love a little indulgence every now and again. Having said that, I am excited to finally share with you one of my favourite citrus versions of these cookies. I do love my citrus! You have probably worked that out by now.
Of course, you can use lemon peel (zest) in these cookies instead of the lemon essential oil, however, I love how zesty the oil is and the enhanced flavour it gives to these cookies.
Now remember, I use dōTERRA essential oils. The lemon essential oil can be ingested, so don’t think oh lemon essential oil and race to the shops to buy one, as it may actually be harmful to ingest. If you don’t own any dōTERRA essential oils then this is one of the most versatile oils, click here to go to my secure web selling page to buy this amazing oil. To save 25% off the retail price, open a wholesale account by clicking on the join & save button.
I hope you enjoy the sweet fresh tang of these cookies, as much as my friends, family and I do.
Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- 2 cups Pure Icing Sugar (sifted)
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 6 Drops dōTERRA Lemon Essential Oil
- 3 Egg Whites using 70g eggs (at room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fan forced).
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Sift icing sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to icing sugar and mix with a spoon until fully combined.
- Place teaspoon sized mounds onto prepared trays (I like using a size 70 ice cream scooper).
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before eating.