Who doesn’t like mixed berries? Well, maybe some people, but not many in my family.
This week’s flavour combination is simply mixed berries. I really can’t say much more other than the tartness from the berries offsets against the sweetness from this no churn gluten free ice cream. Or, so I’m told. I know that’s certainly the case with my dairy free ice cream version (yet to be shared!).
If you can source organic frozen berries for a good price, then it’s well worth it. I have mentioned before that the flavour of organic berries are just divine. However, don’t go out looking for organic berries, or if you don’t usually use organic just use whatever you have in your freezer.
I also like to defrost the berries, so you get that berry watery juice mixed through the ice cream, however, you can use the frozen berries straight from the freezer as well.
Mixed Berry Ice Cream
- 1 x 395ml tin of condensed milk (full fat or skim milk)
- 1 x 300ml cream (we use A2 or Dairy Farmers full fat cream)
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (defrosted)
- Whip cream either using a hand beater or mix master until it is stiff peaks.
- Add condensed milk and defrosted mixed berries.
- Lightly mix til the condensed milk with the mixed berries until they have combined with the cream.
- Pour into a square or rectangular dish that you can put into the freezer.
- Put a lid on the dish (or cover with plastic and al-foil).
- Freeze overnight.
- Serve straight from the freezer.
Til next time…keep posted for my next recipe.