This is a new take / version of my B-B-Banana Bread. I thought I would still keep the previous recipe on the blog, just in case you prefer that version.
I always wait til we have some very ripe banana’s then make this bread. Once it has had time to completely cool I like to slice it then freeze it. I only freeze one slice in a zip lock bag, as it’s quite a filling bread.
Paleo Banana Bread
- 250g jar of nut butter (I like almond butter OR almond/chia butter)
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 banana’s
- 4 Tablespoons ground LSA (Linseed, Sunflower Seed and Almond) meal
- 8 Tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan forced).
- Whip together almond butter, eggs and honey whip together.
- Add coconut oil and banana’s then beat.
- Add flaxseed meal, coconut flour, baking soda and salt then beat.
- Add apple cider vinegar then mix til combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared loaf baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (the cake should be brown, glossy and a cake stick should come out clean).
I love it that it goes crispy in my toaster when I toast it. I don’t put anything on it, just have it warm.