Well, I’ve covered off lemon and orange, so of course I now need to share with you all my other favourite citrus….lime.
These bliss balls are a slightly different version in that I use cashews and I find that their is enough sweetness from the cashews so I don’t add any rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup. If however you like them sweeter then by all means add a tablespoon or two. If you don’t want to use cashews then of course you can also use any type of nut. Bliss balls are so versatile, and of course, you can also change around the flavours.
Remember, not all essential oils can be taken internally, so don’t rush off to your local health food store or chemist and buy a bottle of lemon essential oil as it may contain other ingredients that make it harmful to consume. Please invest in dōTERRA essential oils on my secure site – www.mydoterra.com/noglutens
Lime Bliss Balls
- 1 cup activated cashews (soaked in water with a sprinkle of himalayan rock salt for 2 hours and drained)
- 8 Medjool dates (with pits removed)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 6 drops dōTERRA lime essential oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ½ cup desiccated coconut for rolling
- Using a food processor blend cashews, dates, coconut, vanilla powder, dōTERRA's lime essential oil and water til it achieves the consistency you like. In my processor it goes into one big ball and I know it's the right consistency.
- Put desiccated coconut on a plate (just start with a small amount so you don't waste too much)
- Using a small ice cream scooper (I use a size 70) and your hands create a ball - this is where it starts to get messy
- Roll ball in desiccated coconut
- Repeat til all mixture is used up
- Keep in refridgerator (you can also freeze them)
I hope you enjoy eating these as much as we do.